shipping gear from US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How exactly does this work? You will get a letter directing you to a post office to pay duty and retrieve the package?

Yes, you order and provide your international shipping details, then when the package arrives you will be contacted by your shipper with the duties due and where to go to pick up the package and pay.

I had a DMT with these fins, and she swears by them, but they are sooooo expensive, that I wouldn't personally be in a position to buy a pair out of mere curiosity, as you have. If you can afford Force Fins (even with a discount), just because you want to satisfy your skepticism, you can probably afford the customs duties :wink:

Ah yes...but I agreed to "try" a pair, not buy a pair. If the perceived value is there and they propel me through the water like a merman :D, well then you would be correct, I will keep them and the duties will not matter.

Yes, it will get stuck at Thai customs, and you'll have to pay a charge depending on the mood of the officer, officially 98?% of the value.

Don't do it.

<<< Totally Agree!!
anyway Welcome to Thailand and enjoy your stay! LoL =P

I've had several things sent here with no customs duties. I've had INON products and Hollis products. Guess I was lucky. However, 98% is surely not the official rate. There are different duties for different items. Not sure exactly but I was told the max is 40% but I forget if it was wetsuits or something else.

Back
Top Bottom