Shipping Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bs63366

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How is everyone shipping tanks? I am on to some tanks but need to get them shipped so what service do use and also how do you package them?

I purchased used tanks, they came with the valve removed, bubble wrapped in a long box via Ups ground. Seller purchased materials at a Ups Store.

Are they being shipped from the US to Japan?? If so, you need to make sure that they can be shipped into Japan. Also, you might want to make sure what kind of duites and taxes will be assessed. Again, another customs issue. All proper paper work needs to be filled out, commerical invoice. UPS and Fedex will be the most reliable, yet, nost expensive. USPS you will not be able to track and be the cheapest. But after packed and such, you may not have an option, depending on weight and box dims.

Make sure you can get them filled. I know that US and the Europe use different standards and any tank without the proper DOT stamps will not be filled,viz or hydro in the US. If the standard in Japan is not US DOT you may have the same problem.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom