Shockwave LED - Battery Question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toefa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys,

Just wondering, between dives (usually a week), should i be taking the batteries out of my Shockwave LED? It's not a rechargeable model or the new 400 lumens model.. Just thinking it might drain the batteries prematurely if they are not removed?

:cross:

Cheers,
Toefa

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, between dives (usually a week), should i be taking the batteries out of my Shockwave LED? It's not a rechargeable model or the new 400 lumens model.. Just thinking it might drain the batteries prematurely if they are not removed?

:cross:

Cheers,
Toefa

When storing lights for extended periods (30 or more days), it's always a good idea to remove the batteries. The batteries can slowly drain over time and ultimately, if left untouched, will leak. The other option is to leave the cardboard separating the batteries from the module in place, which will break the circuit and do the same thing as removing the batteries.

However, if you are using the Shockwave regularly week to week, it is just a good idea to open the light to make sure any gasses, if any, haven't built up.

Princeton Tec

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom