shooting in SHQ on my C5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tommer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a way that I can take my images in SHQ on my C5050 permanent? beside using my mode. Evertime when I turned on the camera the 1st thing I do is changing HQ to SHQ.

Tommer

There is a "power-on reset" mode that you need to disable. Its shipped enabled from the factory, and causes all settings to be reset to factory defaults each time the power is turned on. Once you turn that off, all your settings will remain unchanged when you cycle the power.

Tommer:
Is there a way that I can take my images in SHQ on my C5050 permanent? beside using my mode. Evertime when I turned on the camera the 1st thing I do is changing HQ to SHQ.

Tommer

KrustyTheClownFish:
There is a "power-on reset" mode that you need to disable. Its shipped enabled from the factory, and causes all settings to be reset to factory defaults each time the power is turned on. Once you turn that off, all your settings will remain unchanged when you cycle the power.

Thanks KrustyTheClownFish

I'll give that a try tonight.

I just got my 5050 and Im trying to set the "M" settings. Where can I find the "power on reset"?? Also, how do I change the shutter speed and "F" in My Mode?

Thanks everyone!

I just got my 5050 and Im trying to set the "M" settings. Where can I find the "power on reset"?? Also, how do I change the shutter speed and "F" in My Mode?

1. You can find the 'All Reset' menu by: OK >> MODE MENU >> SETUP TAB >> ALL RESET >> ON/OFF

2. To change both the shutter speed and f-stop in My Mode you need to save a Manual (M) shooting mode in a My Mode setting first. You can then change the shutter speed by turning the jog dial and the aperture by holding the +/- button down (on the left of the camera) and turning the jog dial at the same time. To be honest, if you're new with the camera you're better off playing with the camera in P, A, S and M shooting modes and not worry about My Modes. Once you're familiar with the camera you can then experiment with setting up My Modes.

Thanks! Everyone has given great tips through this forum....and helped me select a set-up that Im sure will work great!

Pat

Oly C505, PT-015, DS-90

Wish you would have mentioned that before my trip two weeks ago! I am used to setting up the camera on my decent EVERY DIVE. If it was not for clearing my ears I would have bumped many times. Can I keep all settings doing this?

Back
Top Bottom