Shore Diving Grand Cayman in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark Bait!

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well looks like my girl might be forcing me to go down for Christmans time. So i guess i will be trying to hit up the shore diving scene in Grand Cayman. How are the water conditions for shore diving, and i was wondering if any of you locals or veteran visitors will be willing to play diving tour guide? I should be there round the 19 to the 29th.

Water last week-end when shore diving out of Eden Rock was 83 degrees. I bit cooler than this summer (I saw a peak of 87) but still very pleasant.

I'll actually be off island during that period! Too bad :(

M.

She is FORCING you to go to Grand Cayman? Hahaha. Why just shore diving? I've been to Grand Cayman several times and in my opinion, you're missing out on some good dives if you just shore dive.

Ohh lol, I'm from Jamaica, so i was planning on going there.. So ya forcing me. I've been there many times and dive usually with Oceans Frontier or Diver Tech. I have never done the shore diving there, so i would like to see how it compares to the shore diving in Lauderdale by the sea and blue heron bridge in S. Florida. i also want to get to know the shore diving because when you go down a couple times a year, it gets rather expensive paying around $110 per 2 tank dive, especially when you do 3 days of morning and afternoon.

Shark Bait, I hope you will post a trip report when you return.
Our local dive group is planning a trip next June, and I would like
to know about other divers shore diving experiences.

Of course. If I do get any shore diving in I will definitely post a report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom