Shore Diving in Playa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Have any of you ever done shore diving in Playa Del Carmen or is that just silly? Any idea what the average price is for boat diving?

Thanks

We're looking to explore areas for retirement. Shore diving is important to us so..... thanks :)

Look further south for shore diving opportunities...

Actually.. we have shore dove in Playa Del Carmen.. That was back in August of 2007. I know it well since we were there for our wedding.

I went looking for a place to rent some air so I could get out there and have some fun. After all the dive spots said no and its not going to happen I decided to flex a little American CAN DO muscle and soon had the hotel concierge hunting information for me.. A little bit later I was down the street at the main air supply station for all the dive ops there. The owner was nice and easy to converse with. I used my passport as collateral and drove away with 8 tanks!

Once underwater, I found it to be just like a desert. Very cool but barren and sparse sea life. I had a run in with some tool on a jetski but otherwise was enjoyable.

Cozumel has way better shore diving and I refuse to vacation in PDC anymore. Aside from my wedding, there was nothing that enjoyable there above or below the water.

That is another reason why there is no shore diving here, the reefs are not close to shore. You have to use a boat to get to the reefs out here or you are going to see nothing but sand off of shore. Cozumel is your best option for shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom