Shore Diving in SC or GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rgee9

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to the scubaboard, and this is my first post. I've also recently moved to Augusta, GA, and I am looking for some places to dive. If anyone knows of any shore dives along the coast of GA or SC or any diving in these states I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Rob

Hi, Rob. I live in Martinez, which is actually might as well be Augusta for all puposes. I am not aware of any SC or GA shore diving, several divers do go to Lake Thurmond and the Savannah River though. I have not been to either this year.

Check with the local dive shops and you will find out more. The dive shop I use has quite a number of divers that go out to the lake and river on a regular basis. They also set up some trips to WPB, Ginnie Springs and liveaboard trips to the Bahamas. We are going to Cay Sal August 9-15th on a liveaboard and there is a trip to WPB for Labor Day weekend.

I also think SeaJay could maybe offer some sites to you. He knows a bit more about the coast areas.

Seaangel,

I would have to agree that you are my neighbor. I actually live out in Grovetown just on the other side of Evans. I have hit both of the local dive shops and it appears that they run a lot of trips to FL and Lake Thurmond. I also joined the local dive club and they seem to be a fairly active group of divers, but I've yet to hit the water with them.

Thanks again for the reply!
Rob

Back
Top Bottom