Shore diving Memorial Day Week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sandy, we can dive later in the day if noon is too early for you. I will call you in the morning and we can talk about what works best.

I know at the Hibiscus Street entry to LBTS there are showers but I dont know about the Datura Street location.

OK.....Jeff just got home, and he doesn't want to fight the Memorial Day weekend traffic. He wants to dive off the boat (JDC, of course) Mon. afternoon and Tuesday morning. We can get together for dinner tomorrow night if you like, and/or go out after the boat dives if you're interested in either days we're diving. Wed, Thur, or Fri he's open to doing shore diving because traffic and cops won't be as big a deal.

Greetings everyone!! I am currently vacationing here in Ft. Lauderdale from the area of Crystal River (a little south) until 6/3. I am scheduled to dive with American Dream II tomorrow and Tuesday based on the recommendation of several friends. I would also love to do a shore dive at some point. I am a fairly experienced diver and my wife has been diving for 2 years. We are not at all familiar with any of the shore diving here in Ft. Lauderdale. We would love to meet some new people that we could tag along with. The only days that we would be able to go would be Wed or Thursday since plans have been made for the rest of our vacation. Is anybody interested in doing a shore dive with us either of those days? Thanks.......Chris

Yep. Interested. This thread hasn't evolved yet to include mid week plans other than "let's get together!" Sure that will change by Monday...

I made it to Datura St this afternoon for a dive off LBTS. I looked for Reef and his group but I did not see them. I hooked up with another guy who was going out solo and joined him for a 1.5 hour dive off the second reef. It was a nice leisurely dive. We were both taking pics and traded off holding the flag. Camera and dive flags really do not mix. That was a huge challenge and one I would have to get used to if I lived here.

It was a nice dive and a good chance to tweak my weights for my trip here.

For Monday and Tuesday, I am going to dive with jupitermermaid on JDC's boat.

Wed and Thursday will be great days to get wet off the shore. The only sites I know is the long swim to Pompano Drop Off and LBTS. Both are great dives so I am game. Lets set up something for Wednesday. You guys set the time. I am good for anything so long as its not too early. I am even more than happy to do multiple dives.

You wanna try the Yellow Brick Road here in Hollywood for a little variety?

You wanna try the Yellow Brick Road here in Hollywood for a little variety?

That would be great Jenny. I have not dived that site before so something new would be awesome. Lets plan that site for Wednesday.

Sounds good! Not too early, eh? 9:00 OK?

I have never heard of Yellow Brick Road but from the little bit I saw on here it looks like a nice site. Do all of you mind if my wife and I tag along? It will be our first shore dive in this area. We will have a dive flag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom