Shore diving Memorial Day Week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope we dont get blown out tomorrow for our dive. The winds seems strong today and the forecast is calling for more of the same.

I hope so too. I am going to leave at around 8:30 in the morning which should get me there with time to spare. I am leaving it entirely up to your two (Jenny and Barbara) to call it if need be. I am not sure what favorable conditions would be. Either call, text, or post here to let me know what the call is. On another note I am diving the BHB tonight after Jenny's suggestion. This will be my first trip there so I am excited.

Sucks!!!
Tonight

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows in the lower 70s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Wednesday

Partly sunny. Breezy. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds 10 to 15 mph becoming 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night

Partly cloudy. Lows 72 to 76. East winds 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday

Partly sunny. Breezy. Highs in the upper 80s. East winds 10 to 15 mph becoming around 20 mph in the afternoon.

How about we meet someplace for some coffee or something? The broadwalk in Hollywood has a lot of little restaurants...

How about we meet someplace for some coffee or something? The broadwalk in Hollywood has a lot of little restaurants...

I am all for it. I am not a coffee drinker but I can always get a pop or water. You pick the place and I will be there.

I will bring the gear just in case though.

Oh and I still have Thursday to dive if the weather stay nasty all day tomorrow.

I'm not a coffee drinker either, but might be coerced into some brekky. 9:30, parking lot as originally planned. I don't think I will be bringing gear...been out there when the wind is blowing.. not fun...lemme see if I can find the post...

Couldn't find the thread. long story short... It looked windy, so we had brekky and staring at the waves determined it might not be so bad after all. I was the only one who ever dived the rock pile. The other two were from out of town. We went in, vis bad, surge bad. Maybe 6-8 ft. vis, if that. On the way back we got separated. Buddy #1 was in front of me somewhere, buddy #2 to my right and behind. #1 got close to shore, and got caught in a riptide, but didn't know it. Was 20 ft from shore and started to panic. He was too far away for me to call to him and the lifeguard had to pull him out. Scary.

If the invite is still open I will be there too. I guess I will leave my gear behind, despite the temptation.

well that decides it. Breakfast it is, gear stays behind. I will bring my camera anyway for some top side shots.

So I will meet you guys at the parking lot at 9:30 and we can see what is around. I will be in a blue nissan murano.

My vacation is at its end and I head back to Chicago tomorrow. It was a great trip as usual and I look forward to the time that I can come back again.

I ended up with 5 dives this week. I did 2 dives at LBTS, 2 dives on the boat with Jupiter Dive Center, and 1 dive at BHB. In five dives I saw sharks, turtles, eels, crabs, lobster, lionfish, a nudibranch, octopi, and the other usual suspects that you find on a dive. I caught up with some old friends that I have not seen in a while and met some new ones. I ate lionfish for the first time and if you have not had it, you really have no idea what you are missing. I got a little sunburned, enough to start a tan if the sun ever comes out at home.

Here are a few pics from my dives. I had a great time taking them, I hope you enjoy viewing them.

LBTS:
Dive 229 LBTS 083.jpg Dive 228 LBTS 023.jpg Dive 229 LBTS 007.jpg Dive 229 LBTS 033.jpg
Dive 229 LBTS 006.jpg Dive 231 Jupiter  046.jpg Dive 228 LBTS 011.jpg Dive 228 LBTS 056.jpg

JDC Dives:
Dive 230 Jupiter  039.jpg Dive 231 Jupiter  008.jpg Dive 231 Jupiter  021.jpg Dive 230 Jupiter  041.jpg
Dive 230 Jupiter  003.jpg Dive 230 Jupiter  023.jpg Dive 229 LBTS 037.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom