Shore Diving Within Park is Prohibited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This is a video taken today by a very long standing, active and respected member of our diving community, Cesar of Caribbean Divers. I am posting with his permission.

These divers think they know better than someone who has been a diver and has owned his shop for more than 30 years here. Cesar is an EXPERT diver in both skill and knowledge. These divers are attempting a shore dive from we think Iberostar by surface swimming ACROSS the busy boat navigation area to get to the wall. Boat Captains are NOT looking or watching for divers in the navigation channel. They left their car at Mr. Sanchos. They have no consideration for others or their own safety. Here’s the video with commentary from Cesar of Caribbean Divers and active member of ANOAAT Cozumel .

Friends don’t let friends do stupid things like this!

Lets hope they are still alive after trying that. Not too bright a way to show off the safety procedures they should have learned when getting certified. No back up plan & no way to call for help etc. Wonder where they got their tanks & what story they used.

Lets hope they are still alive after trying that. Not too bright a way to show off the safety procedures they should have learned when getting certified. No back up plan & no way to call for help etc. Wonder where they got their tanks & what story they used.

Single tanks (not even doubles), surface swim from Iberostar or Albertos to Cedral across heavy boat navigation area - but hey, they do it 4 times a year !

Is that the same couple who thought they could remedy their fuel line freeze-up by putting a can of gasoline on their gas kitchen stove to "heat it up" with the intention of pouring it into their car's gas tank after it was nice and hot? If it is, it just proves ya can't fix stupid.

That is indeed stupid. I consider myself a pretty advanced diver - over 1200 in a wide range of conditions - and I wouldn't even consider that. The very fact that they are on the surface shows it is a bad idea. If you can't get out there and back underwater using rule of thirds, it's too far.

Great way to save $100 bucks....Not!... It was alarming when Cesar was asking about the other diver, if she was with him and she was no where to be seen. Not much of a buddy system for a extreme dive plan?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom