Short callout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My wife and I are sort of on our way home after a parade in Deer Park Washington roughly 60 miles away.

We are only 20 miles into the return trip when the little irritating black box sounds off with its obnoxious beeping. We look at each other and say “Feces :wink:, not now”. I’ve got a flippin parade float in a trailer so it’s going top be slow going.

I grab it and it reads; “POSSIBLE DROWNING MOUTH OF SPOKANE RIVER LAKESHORE/FOREST 3:19PM 7/28/07”.

I grab the phone and call dispatch to advise them that I’m on my way but extended. The dispatcher says “Ok, I’ll list you as unavailable”. This is where you want to beat someone. Again I say, “I’M ON MY WAY BUT IT’S GOING TO TAKE A WHILE!!!!!” “Ok in route but extended click”. I invent a new language because my wife has already heard all the others.

Then the flippin box goes berserk again and reads; “CANCLE RESPONSE TO CDA CITY DROWNING FEM LOCATED C4 3:35 PM 7/28/07”. I continued with the same new language for a while longer but was glad we canceled.

Another first hand fubar by a dispatcher. I swear sometimes they only hear what they want to hear and not what was said. :shakehead

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom