Short/Long term goals...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, when I started WeightWatchers in 2003 (the week before Lent began) with my wife I weighed 251.4 and my 1st goal was WW's standard 10% target. I actually hit that fairly soon -- 10 weeks into the program. Really hovered in the 25-30# lost range for quite a while as the WW goal weight range for my height puts me at the weight I was in college doing 2hr/day, 6x/week workouts on the crew team (that's rowing). Didn't think that was really going to happen! My doctor had suggested about 18 months earlier that I get down to about 220 (which was about a 40 drop from where I was at the time). During my physical in March, I asked for a "perscription" for a true goal weight (which WW allows to override their recommended range). I got that as 205# so that's my goal (actually, I'd like to get to and stay at about 200. His "formula" for recommended weight was:
Male: 106# for the first 5' of height plus 6#/inch then +/- 10%
Female: 105# for the first 5' of height plus 5#/inch then +/- 10%

For me: 106 + 6*(74-60) = 190 (+/- 19)# ==> 171 - 209

For 6'2" woman: 105 + 5*(74-60) = 175 (+/- 17.5) ==> 157.5 - 192.5
I think the WW range is 155-187 which seems to satisfy my belief that it's biased toward women.

I want to be under my goal weight by July (which is a rate of about a pound per week).

-Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom