Should o2 clean be affected by hydro testing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Graeme Tolton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I jsut picked up a used al80 that needs hydro testing. Can the o2 cleaning be done before the hydro test? I am doing to o2 cleaning myself and want to send it for hydro and get it back full. Does anyone see any problem with this?

The problem i see is if its a water jacket hydro, the tank will be filled with water, and then hydro'd. Who knows how clean the water is? Hydro and then clean is my preference, only because i fill Partial Pressure. If you are filling only premix, it really doesnt matter anyway.

Hi. I jsut picked up a used al80 that needs hydro testing. Can the o2 cleaning be done before the hydro test? I am doing to o2 cleaning myself and want to send it for hydro and get it back full. Does anyone see any problem with this?

Hydro'ing will invalidate any tanks "o2 clean status". You will need to -re-o2-clean- any tank that will be used for oxygen or partial pressure mixing fills.

Ever been to a hydro facility? they are usually filthy and re-use the same water that they just hydro'd a carbon dioxide filled fire extinguisher right before your hydro. Yeah they might rinse out your tank and air dry it after done, but it's still dirty and has hydrocarbons in it.

i know the only dumb question is the question that is not asked, but to the OP, if you took an O2 cleaning course that topic would of been covered. or you could go back and look at the materials given to you for the class to come up with an anwser to that question.

seems to me like you were not taught how to O2 clean tanks, and there for should have a qualifed person do the cleaning for you.

i could be wrong and you have taken an O2 clean course, so if you did my apologies, i dont want to offend anybody with this post. but if you did take the course and it has just been a while please go look over the steps for the cleaning process again. this way you ensure the tank is done properly and ensure the safety to any tank jocky that will fill it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom