Show me your dive room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll laugh even harder when I admit that it was an article in Quest magazine that shamed me into doing it . . .

That is too funny! That same article got me to organize some of the bits and pieces I had everywhere...:wink:

Haven't organized mine yet. It's still hanging out in the suitcase it rode home from Florida in because I have no place better to put it. *hides in shame!* Hell, my clean clothes stay in the laundry room because I haven't put the drawers back in my dresser or cleaned out any of the crap we tossed in them when we moved. It took two months before the dressers even made it inside from the garage!

I need to find the picture I took of my poor car all loaded up on our Florida trip. We transported four not-small adults, all our gear, and two suitcases of clothes, in a 2007 Saturn VUE. We had to put our huge 'turtle' box on the top, I think that thing is bigger than the car itself! To say it was a tight squeeze would be an understatement! And imagine how terrible our gas mileage was.

I own a 56 m2, second floor, flat with two rooms a kitcen and a ridiculous 1,3 m2 bathroom.

The bathroom is where I wash and dry my gear which makes life in that room after a dive kind of interesting for me and visiting friends. Obviously the drain is mostly clogged with sand, seaweed and other interesting substances of nature.

For storage the solutions are ... varied.

- I installed a deep shelf just below the ceiling in the tiny hall, which just barely allows my front door to open. That shelf will take my basic kit and drysuit if I properly observe the rituals of correct stowing. The opening is cleverly disguised with pesky little curtains that my mom made for my windows and which I cut up for this purpose, which she is not aware of.
- Various wetsuits are in the bedroom closet (next to my tux which now has an odd weedy smell). they give off particular odors which I try to persuade the occasional guests in my bedroom are trademarks of a richly adventurous lifestyle.
- Bits of gear, spares and batteries are in my living room closet next to my tools and tax papers - you know just above the drawer where I keep my linen and board games.
- Now the inner suit for my drysuit is more like say vintage cheese and has special storage requirements. Triple plastic bags keeps it safe under my bed from where it also efficiently keep away prowling monsters.
- My tanks are mostly behind the door that opens into my bedroom and which I keep open so I don't have to look at them too much. However they do clash a bit with my laundry bin and and fender amp so the overall effect is still a bit overwhelming. I'm working on that but I sense that it might actually mean doing the laundry.

My kitchen, obviously is kept free from dirty dive gear. Where else would I store my neat racing bike?

After seeing some of these pics, I have an idea to make something in the garage for our gear. Right now my wifes and daughters gear are in the basement office in a closet. Some stuff is all over the floor. More is on the pool table. Most of my gear is out in the garage in a bag ready to go at a moments notice with my 3mil hanging over the bicycle rack.

During summer time when all of us are diving I usally pull both cars out of the garage and lay a ladder over two saw horses and hang our gear over it.

In the year 3 BC (before children) it was a small apartment and all over the place. Used every inch of space to store everything and washed it with the hose and let it dry hanging over lawn chairs on the walk. When I built my current house I planned for this and have a 12 ft x 16 ft room that I use as a ‘sports room’ that has to hold all of the scuba, skiing/snowboard, hunting and general athletics stuff for a now family of five, all active in one or more sports. Plus some general storage.
East wall has the door along with an 8 ft bar suspended from the ceiling to hang the BCD’s, wet, dry suits and other long apparel from. Below that is a tile drip basin tied to a floor drain so things can drip dry. Off to the left is a clothes dresser for hunting stuff. North wall is three tier shelves 12 ft long for general storage. West wall has an opening to more general/food storage and then a 3 tier shelve about 8 ft long and a ski/board storage rack. South wall has a filing cabinet, work bench, tool chest, BIG floor mounted sink for washing gear.
I'll try for some pics later when I'm home

My garage ...

Garage-1.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Can you spare a couple tanks lol

I have some tubs in the basement, and some hooks to hang stuff from on the ceiling. Period. Pretty lame, but you all have given me some great ideas...

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so I don't have a ton of space but that little shelf thing not only lets me avoid picking up doubles from the ground but also stores the singles without taking a lot of space.

DSCN2729.JPG

Okay now I am going to have to go out to the garage and take a picture... BRB :D

Regs stay in their bags - zipped up to keep dust and stuff off. Dive bag stays partially packed. Second pic is just some odds and ends like zip ties and things - oh and a load of snorkels for the kids. Tanks, when not at the shop, go under the shorty's.

divegear.jpg

divegear2.jpg

Okay now I am going to have to go out to the garage and take a picture... BRB :D

I love how the rod is bending under the load.

The solution isn't less stuff, of course. It's more rods. :D

Back
Top Bottom