Show me your Save-A-Dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plastic mask box for me too. All the usual stuff in it. Mask and fin straps. Snorkel keepers. O rings. Mouthpiece. Scuba Tool. Zip ties. Etc..

A mini leatherman would be a good idea. The Scuba Tool has come in very handy many times.

ZIP TIES, you are brilliant!.....and an environmentalists. not always mutually exclusive.

Charlie99:
zip ties/tiewraps/cable ties, rubber bands, and duct tape will fix just about everything. The rest is just frosting on the cake. :)

It's true. The harness on my BP is held on with rubber bands and duct tape and the mouthpiece on my backup reg is made of nothing but zip ties...

I've got a military-surplus first aid kit that I scavanved and carved the raised plastic "First Aid" lettering off of. It's about 3"X6"X8", and has an o-ring seal like a pelican/otter box.

I thought it had everything I might need (zip ties, scuba-tool, fin strap, mask strap, grease, o-rings, duct tape, sunscreen, bungee cord, snorkel holder, mouthpiece, various bits of cord) until a few dives ago when my hp hose blew and I had trouble finding someone who would loan me one.

I suspect that my kit is going to start growing...

here's my box that I just got. It's a Plano Marine Box.

yhst-23309324561599_1886_45790556.jpg

I like it for its bright visibility and the quick lid on top for small tools such as the multitool and flashlight. I also like it that it has an O-Ring in the box, keeping the water out. It's also a sturdy box, obviously, for marine applications.

I also have a little box that is like a fishing lure box, perfect for little things such as o-rings, zip ties, first stage port hole covers, et cetera. The top level of the box is where I'm going to leave my tools such as wrenches, et cetera, while the bottom level is where the rest of the stuff is going in.

I use a small Pelican for the hardware (pliers, screwdrivers, scubatool, ect.) and a ziplock bag for soft items like bungies, surgical tubing, zipties, ect.

Started with a pelican box, then went with a UK box twice the size. Now I'm using a small tackle box. Most of my diving is from my own boat so space and weight not an issue.

I am on the verge of outgrowing my current plastic container. I carry the following: wide assortment of viton o-rings, screwdriver kit with multiple heads, small adjustable cresant wrench, spare mouthpiece, set of allen wrenches, low and high pressure port plugs, bolt snaps, spare bulb for dive light, spare fin straps, zip ties, toenail clippers (for cutting zip ties), batteries, silicon grease. I also carry a notepad and pencil, but not really for "saving a dive".

I havent gotten to the point yet of carrying spare regs. I'm getting ready to add spare nuts, wingnuts, washers, and lock washers this season when I start using my BP/W.

FD

i just use a regular tool box, nothing fancy. fits everything i have on spare parts and acessories.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom