SI question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Planning a trip to Coz, and the wife would like to go to Playa Mia while there. Can anyone tell me what it costs? Seems like I heard it costs to get it, but then I have heard that all the beachs are public, so could anyone fill me in on costs, etc.

Thanks

I have never been to any of the "day beaches", so this is just what I've heard, but I don't think it costs anything to "enter" the beach area, but they do have different food and drink packages you can purchase.

Have you looked to see if they have a website?

Yes, but their website says nothing about costs.

I think there is a cost to enter that beach club but not sure what it is. Just my personal experience but I would not recommend going there unless they offer something specific that you are wanting to do. We went there one afternoon with our daughter because she wanted to play on the water toys. It was crowded with cruise ship guests, the chairs are lined up right next to each other with no space and drinks etc were expensive. There are many other places to go with beautiful beaches and less crowds.

I'll second what atatt said. They seem to cater to Cruise Ships selling packages to them they you purchase through the cruise provider..... Playa Mia Grand Beach Park - Cozumel - Reviews of Playa Mia Grand Beach Park - TripAdvisor

It's not even listed on Cozumel Insider! :confused: However, you might find something else at Coz Insider with all their unbiased detailed descriptions. Long, long ago we once stopped in at Mr. Sanchos to meet our dive boat and to this day, I cannot figure out why such an arrangement was made. It seemed like a pretty decent place not crowded or over-run with pod people and a nice place to get your beach fix. We hung out for some post-dive refreshments before heading back to our hotel.

Correction, after a second look, it is listed on CI's site under the name Playa Sol. Appears they have 3 packages ranging from $15 - $49!

Thank you for that link! That's exactly what I needed.

IMHO, Playa Mia is a mess and they charge a bunch to get in. Because they have a very nice dock we used to do our surface intervals there. We now do our surface intervals just south of there at Mr. Sancho's. Much more sedate place, no entry fee and reasonable pricing...plus our divers never get sick from the food.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

PS Mr. Sancho's in 1995 was actually the precursor to Playa Mia, at the time called Playa Sol. Owned by the Molina Family (ferry company), that was before they signed huge contracts with the cruise ship weenies and made the move up the beach and turned it into a chaotic mess.

PS Mr. Sancho's in 1995 was actually the precursor to Playa Mia, at the time called Playa Sol. Owned by the Molina Family (ferry company), that was before they signed huge contracts with the cruise ship weenies and made the move up the beach and turned it into a chaotic mess.

In the hopes of not coming off too strong or obtuse, I love when my suppressed opinions are validated by a well respected local. Thanks Dave!

Back
Top Bottom