Sidemount/long dives on Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Larson

Registered
Reaction score
Are there any shops or individuals that cater towards sidemount divers? I've contacted 3 shops on Kauai and all would rather rent back mount gear to me.
If anyone will be on the Kauai south shore between March 25 - April 1st, I will be looking for a sidemount buddy.

Cheers

Aloha Chad,

I've been here for quite a few years diving almost every day and have only had 4 divers over the past couple years with side-mount set ups. Tech diving is way behind here in the islands (or at least Kauai). The only Tec operations I've seen have minimal exposure and quite honestly - minimal reputations. At the same time I think you'd find a couple operators that would certainly help make side mount diving available to you. I know of at least one side mount instructor here. While I don't personally have much if any knowledge about side mounts I'd be happy to help you find what you need if I can. Let me know specifically what you are looking for and your "ideal" situation and we can at least work to make it happen.

A

Back
Top Bottom