Sigma 30/35 lenses with A6300 and ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any tried the sigma 30 or 35 mm lenses with A6300/6500 and ikelite housing? These are getting good reviews, are reasonably priced. So I would be nice if they fit they could be used in the ikelite housing.

Just my $0.02... 30/35mm (45/52mm equivalent) is not a particularly useful focal length underwater, at least not without the ability to focus closely, and none of these Sigma lenses (by 35mm you mean the full-frame DSLR lens with built-in MC-11, right? the one they announced recently?) can focus closer than 30cm. I just looked over the photos from my last trip, shooting with 16-50mm, and almost all underwater photos are either at 16mm, or in the 45-50mm range. A Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is on my wishlist as a portrait lens, but I wouldn't take it underwater. Sony 30mm macro is a fairly well-regarded underwater lens, but it can focus down to 10cm from the image plane, which is basically almost at the port glass - very different from the Sigma offerings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom