signal tubes/ safety sausages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After that accident at Pelelieu Corner, Palau in '93 (I think was the year) where 4 Japanese divers and their Palauan divemaster died when their dive boat lost power, I put together "safety bags" for my wife and I. They small mesh goody bags that fit in our BC pockets. The bags consist of:

- signal mirror
- safety sausage
- strobe/flashlight combination rated to 150' that will operate for 18 hours (basically 2 nights) in the strobe mode
- 12-15' of nylon line with quick release clips on each end so we can clip ourselves (and whoever else might be diving with us) together should be get separated from the dive boat. People in a group being much easier to spot from a boat or plane than individuals bobbing around on their own.

In addition to that, we both have "Storm Whistles" attached to our BCs and "Dive Alert" air horns connected to our power inflator LP hoses.

Just like American Express, we never leave home without them. Luckily the only thing we have ever had to use are our Dive Alert air horns.

Rickg

Just throw an unused CD in your pocket. Maybe an AOL one, or old software, or some of the many one gets and throws away.

Just thought I would post it, just incase someone had not thought of it. :drummer:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom