Signatures and the TOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was just re-reading the TOS (as I do every so often to keep myself informed), and I noticed one line that hadn't caught my eye before:
The TOS:
Signatures must be limited to four lines with no images other than board approved smilies.
There are so many graphics in sigs that I didn't give it a second thought when I wrote up the code to make my auto-generated instant maze sig graphic, but apparently I and a large number of others are in unintentional violation of the TOS.

Might I appeal for an update to that section of the TOS?

The physical space limit which now clips graphics (and text, for that matter) of excessive height. Might a pixel height and width limit (also a file size limit?) be substituted for the outright ban on all external graphics?

If the ruling on the appeal is to leave the TOS as currently written, I will of course remove my sig immediately... unless you can somehow make the graphic accessible as a named smiley (redirecting or whatever). :biggrin:

Id be interested in the reply to, I have a small image in my sig...

I'll look into this. It sounds reasonable enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom