Silent World Special

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok... this is getting way out of hand. In no way was I posting a competing dive charter/dive trip whatever you want to call it. I was simply taking advantage of the offer that was posted in the first place and stating to a FEW friends on here what MY plans for diving were and if they wanted to join me. People are reading WAY too much into this.

Maybe it was in poor taste that I voiced MY plans on this thread and should have PMed the people that I was discussing this with. It is not my intention to offend anyone or take away from their hard work at organizing the Sinko or the Invasion.

I was simply excited to see a cheaper dive offer because as you know... funds are an issue when it comes to these trips. My apologies to anyone that I may have offended.. it was never intended. :(

Oh... and the comment about filling it with HOT men is a JOKE between me and Kim.

Simmer down peps .... we are talking about the $250.00 Special offered from Silent World and where we can use this special.
Everyone has the right to dive where they choose .... right?
MODS should remove posts ... but not ours :wink:

Chris if I could show up with 4 other divers some weekend and split the $250 …. Now that would be a great special. You know, like for scubaboard members only :wink:

I think it would be a great thing :).... like pick a month that does not have annual SB events and a month you could use the business and make it at that time. Like the "Official ScubaBoard Month" at Silient World. It would generate more business for your area :)… we have to eat and sleep (well some of us). :wink:

Do the Math"
Becky is giving a break on the Condo from 145 to 135
Dives are 5 trips ( 2=tank) for 250

so ... 2 bed condo most have a sofa sleeper

6 divers for the weekend would be like this:

6 divers Kawama Sat night condo 135 for the condo = ~22 PER PERSON
dive package per person is 250 say one trip each day= 50 per day or 100 for weekend
That means you will spend
$122 for the weekend
This is awesome because it means you can do 2 weekends and still have one dive trip left
over for ITK or just to get you motivated for another weekend :)

I live in Orlando so a weekend will cost me $122
gas 60
food 30 ( I bring my own with Sat night eat out)
________
$212
Kawama is near 5* quality so this to me is a most excellent and inexpensive weekend.

And finding 5 roomies wont be a problem I mean just put the word out that
you have a Condo for the weekend and chip in 23 bucks for the night and see
how many friends you have :)

The Captain

PS all good dive ops have a "break Even" point which means they have to have a minimum number
of divers on the boat to break even for the trip. Like a 12 pack would need 6 just to pay fuel, Captain,
crew, and boat Maint and insurance. Soo 2 boats each have 6 divers they can combine to make one
12 pack trip and they would split the fee for 6 so each would make a bit of profit. This is very
good economics and it is environmentaly sound as well.

Rats someone stole my soapbox Laters
The Captain

You can put me down for 2 people on sharing a condo. LMk know Im in the Orlando area and we can even car pool or meet down there.

I have asked again that this thread be cleaned up. It is unfair to the OP and what she was trying to accomplish, as well as SW, and the others that would like to take advantage of this offer.

Hope that is alright with everyone. :)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

dear all,

ive reveiwed this thread and yes, the posts about the Invasion do not belong here but im hesitate to moved/dump them in Invasion thread because they would be out of place and not make sense to some Invaders that havent seen this thread

so... i ask you to keep this thread on topic and all Invasion discussion is to take place in the Invasion forums

cheers and enjoy

as a reminder, this is original post,
I just spoke with Allison at Silent World and they have put together a great deal at a great price..:D
From Feb 08 - April 08 10 dives incl. tanks and weights for $250 (very small) extra fee for wrecks I thought I would let everyone know about this offer from Silent World.

Silent World: Chris and Allison
305 451-3252

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom