silly question about swimming shorts/trunks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey fish whisperer, what speedos are you exactly talking about?

I may wear like basketball speedos (you see all the nba/ncaa players wearing the tight speedos under their normal shorts) under normal swim trunks...

Assuming this is a serious question and you want a serious response:

I use Birdwells Beach Britches with a shorter outseam (mid thigh) and are streamlined without being speedo tight. They have been around forever, last forever, are made in the USA and are reasonably priced with legendary customer service. Dont have the drag that below-the-knee boardshorts do, but they are unlined as are all real boardshorts:

https://www.birdwellbeachbritches.com/

Speedo has a short called a surfrunner that is a watershort and running short. It works pretty well. I have used it as well.

www.speedousa.com

Regular speedos are great for swim competitions and swimming laps. I dont recall ever having dived with one except under my wetsuit. Try a square leg if you want something between the jammer and the bikini or the Diver model. A bit more modest than what most people think of when you mention "speedo"

I'm with Fish_Whisperer on this one, the short's style speedo brand swim trunks are really nice. The matieral is very soft and thin, and even when they do bunch up, you really don't even notice it.

I picked some up at my local Target (wal-mart I think has them also).

Usually I use the swimtrunks like underwear, then I have a Henderson "Hot Skin" for on top of that (kinda like Jeans and T-Shirt layer) and then whatever wetsuit on top of that (like the coat layer).

Hope that Helps!

Believing that middle aged men an a whole lot of others should not go out in the general public with speedos....

I wear Speedo Shorts-the things with legs -under a wetsuit. They look like bike shorts. Before gearing up and after the dive is over, I wear some shorts or regular trunks over them.

BTW, the speedo shorts have a liner-pouch so your intimate contours are not very much revealed. (Not that mine would show up much anyway :shakehead )

If diving w/o wetsuit, just plain ole trunks for me.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing, since most board shorts bunch up like heck under a wetsuit. I thought about wearing my bike shorts, but the chamois doesn't come out of the ones I have (I don't need to feel like I have a wet diaper on). Ultimately I settled on euro-trunks, I think theyre called. Still, they're not modest enough to wear alone.

I was more than a little surprised last year at the cenotes in Playa when the couple we were diving with and our guide stripped down to their birthday suit before donning there wetsuits. BUT they were all French.

Back
Top Bottom