Sin City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly N Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the movie Sin City?
i'd like to know what other people thought of the movie. I thought it was very well done, and i liked it a lot. The black and white with the colored objects was really original, and added a lot to the film. I cant decide which story i liked the best, they were all great.

I'm suprised that there wasn't a thread on it already with so many people on the board.

Noah

i've heard good thigns about it, from very scrutinizing fans of Frank Miller's

i need to see it

I am a big fan of frank miller's work and definately enjoyed the film. The visual adaptation felt like a comic book coming to life. It was alot of fun and so far the 4 people I know that have seen it really enjoyed it. My favorite story was "Goldie". Mickey Rourke's character was awesome.

Matt

It lost me after the first 15 minutes.

I suppose you have to be a fan of the comic it's based on, or be a fan of Quinten T. in order to fully appreciate it.

Visually it was unique, the cinematography was innovative to an extent, and the way it followed the typical comic book method of telling a story was an interesting choice. But that all seemed to get old very quick. At least for me it did. The movie also seemed to over-use some old cliché film techniques, most notably the in car camera work, and the use of displaying the reaction to an event rather than the event (blood spray, rather than showing the strike type of thing), with the subsequent fast close up of the good or bad guys face for reaction.

So overall it good, and some will say it is great, but most definitely all will agree that it is certainly unique.

Going to see it this weekend. I like the trailers and am a HUGE Tarrantino fan.

I'll let you know...

-G

I thought it was a tremendous movie. I'd say it was the best movie I've seen in years if it weren't for Million Dollar Baby...

It was such a pleasure to just look at. It was totally pen and ink, film noir, black and white (*black* and *white*, not greyscale), clever, smart, self-indulgent and gritty (I could feel Tarantino's influence), with some *really* fantastic shots I had never seen before on film. There were so many totally unique elements to the movie they're impossible to list.

An absolute joy of a film to watch. I highly recommend it, and if you're a fan of QT it's a must.

I thought it was a wonderfully made movie. My favorite story was the one involving Dwight, Jackie Boy, Miho, etc.

I liked the quote " She made him more of a pez dispenser"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom