Singlehose Regulator ID please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Other than the S for scubapro (with a 4 on the diaphram) there are no markings on either regulator. The first stage has a self tensioning valve mechanism. $5 at a garage sale.

Picture166.jpg

Picture165.jpg

That is a Scubapro Mk-VI (Mk-6).
It is the same as the Mk-V with the pneumatic yoke.

That particular pneumatic yoke worked well. The only issue I have heard is that someone closed the valve and with a loss of air pressure the regulator would not be secure and water could leak into the regulator. I found that situation a bit unusual, but I have heard that it has actually occurred.

When I worked at the LDS in Puerto Rico I sold a few of them. At the time the spring that initially closes the yoke seem strong enough to hold the regulator secure until air pressure was applied, but it wouldn't be as good as a mechanically screwed yoke.

Personally, I would like to own one of those in my small collection of vintage regulators (that I worked with as a kid), but it would not be my first choice of regulators to dive.

And the second stage is a 109, super deal at $5 for the 109 alone, much less the MK-6 to go with it.

Other than the S for scubapro (with a 4 on the diaphram) there are no markings on either regulator. The first stage has a self tensioning valve mechanism. $5 at a garage sale.

Picture166.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Sweet! The 1st as Luis said is the MK VI. The second is an R-109, I am pretty sure.

Well, everyone is basically correct with one exception, just a historical note here.

When this regulators came out the second stage was part of the regulator designation. The Mk-5 or Mk-6 included the adjustable second stage. The 109 is actually a replacement part number. There was no purpose to buy a second stage by itself since you needed a first stage to go with it (and octopus was what you hope to see when you went diving).

In any case the 109 second stage is very desirable and it is my preferred single hose second stage. IMO you should rebuild the second stage and use it with a different first stage.

Back
Top Bottom