Sinkers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not particularly lean, but on a full inhale in fresh water i have to lean back and the water line comes just over my chin and on a line back around my ears. Without tipping my head back, my mouth is underwater. On an exhale I sink like a rock. I don't know how well I float in salt water with no exposure protection since the salt water around here is chilly...

Walter is one of those sinkers. Well, he used to be, I'm not sure anymore. LOL

I too am a royal sinker. Just as lamont described, I barely float when my lungs are completely full. Funnily enough, in the pool last night I mimicked letting the air out of my BC, (while breathing out), and I promptly sank just like a diving descent!
:jump3:

I actually found swimming very hard growing up because if it, and learnt to dive as part of working on my water fitness...

I am heading to St. Thomas in a week....I am 205lbs with 11 percent body fat...6'5". I am very athletic )road biking, mountain biking, tennis, weight lifting, general cardio workouts,etc.,etc.) but would not consider myself the strongest swimmer in the ocean, but I can swim freestyle and dog paddle. I can also survival paddle for a pretty long time if necessary.

Any pointers/suggestions for floating if I am out 1/4 mile in 20 feet of water and start getting tired and need a 'float break'??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom