Sinking the Red Sea Tug Panama City Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pcbdownunder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
The tug boat Red Sea will be sunk tomorrow (June 24, 2009) as an artificial reef 5 ½ miles from Panama City Beach Florida in the Gulf of Mexico. The ocean going tug is 130 feet long and 30 feet wide, built in Philadelphia in 1929, it will make a great dive site for the local dive shops and an excellent reef for fishing. PCB Down Under Videos

The tug boat Red Sea will be sunk tomorrow (June 24, 2009) as an artificial reef 5 ½ miles from Panama City Beach Florida in the Gulf of Mexico. The ocean going tug is 130 feet long and 30 feet wide, built in Philadelphia in 1929, it will make a great dive site for the local dive shops and an excellent reef for fishing. PCB Down Under Videos

Any idea on water depth and GPS coordinates?

Dove the Red Sea today (6-26-09). Fascinating to see a wreck with no sea life on it. No fish yet. quite a contrast with the nearby USS Strength which has literally millions of fish. Was able to go stem to stern and through most of the wreck in 30 minutes. The Red Sea is sure to be a very popular site because it's in relatively shallow water and has easy compartments to swim through.

That's pretty neat. What a cool thing to do. I didn't know they actually had a ship sunk that you can dive through.

Dove the site today and I must say its a 5 star site for me! The bait fish how ever can get in the way but the site truely is one to see!! The passage ways are easy to move around in. There are multilayer decks for those trained on over heads. Perfect site to dive for training and for fun!!!

Here are a few photos of the Red Sea I got today. Enjoy!!

PIC_0181.jpg

PIC_0148.jpg

PIC_0187.jpg

PIC_0151.jpg

PIC_0147.jpg

PIC_0155.jpg

That's a great set of photos on a relatively new wreck. A lot of small fish means the big ones are not far behind. Now if it can just stay clear of all the fishing lines..........Thanks for sharing-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom