sipadan 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tamert

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is a compilation of footage that i recorded off the coast of Borneo on Sipadan Island, Malaysia.

I used a GoPRO Hero 2 with the blurfix
flat lens and a c/y red filter. It was mounted on a SnakeRiverPrototyping mounting rack and a 300 lumen flashlight.

Please watch in HD, like and Subscribe !!!! I hope to bring you much more footage :)

Tamer Tantawy

Scuba Central - Ultimate Sipadan - HD Hero 2 - YouTube

Thanks for bringing me back to the trip I did in Sipadan few years ago. What a great place, even the dives in Mabul and Kapalai had some wonders.

Good job with the editing too like the airplane and road idea. The jacks and bumphead parts are particularly nice. You have good diving skills for UW video and it shows. very little jerky footage in your clip which is awesome.

Some suggestions:
Editing: cut more, some sequences are too long there are two minutes you can get rid of and make the video shorter and more enjoyable, the out of water ones where you left the filter on and look red you can definitely eliminate. The sequence of the plane is a bit too long.

Shooting: great diving skills When you shoot with a filter remember never point the camera upwards as it flares and gives a red hue. There is quite a lot of that and once the video is overexposed there is no way out.

Some specific gopro suggestions: don't use too wide mode on land as barrell distortion is not cool. Some of the footage seems to flare a lot even when the camera point downwards which is strange seems that the GoPro can't cope with too much light, maybe the minimum ISO is still too high. The filter should take 1 f-stop but still I see fins flaring and other issues. I don't see a solution for that other than a neutral density filter on top of the red filter to take more f-stops away

Cracking footage and look forward to more clips!

Thank you very much,

I appreciate all the advice you have given me. If you have any more please let it be known, I want to become the best i can be

:)

Back
Top Bottom