Sitting in Newark... Waiting on a plane!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yodelhawk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
First trip to Bonaire. Sitting in this airport waiting on this redeye to take us to Bonaire. Having mixed emotions about this now. All my dives have been in cold water. Biggist fish I've seen is a pike. Very excited and a little scared about diving in the ocean. Why wont this plane hurry up? If anybody is going to be hanging outat Divi in the next few days, look for the two nuts from Montana, say hello and lets have a beer when the diving is done for the day:D

When your mask slips under the surface for the first time you will think you are on another world. The number if fish in Bonaire is incredible. It's almost like you are in their way. Your own Nemo experience.

---------- Post added ----------

BTW, my wife is from GF.

The good news is the nerves about diving in the ocean will fade really quickly. The bad news is that your desire to keep coming back to dive it will not! Have a great time!

If you are lucky during a day dive, you might find something 1/4 the size of your pike...

If you dive at night with a flashlight, you might have a silver friend who swims with you to protect you from anything bigger (or just to hunt by your flashlight).... We refer to them as Tarpon, and most have a name...

Back
Top Bottom