Size of Oceanic Geo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I think we are going to go with two computers, both Oceanic.

A Veo 250 for me and a Geo for her.

For anyone that is interested, I got my computers yesterday - and I pulled out the calipers to get some measurements:
Case diameter 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock position is 52mm and from 8 to 2 (across the pushers) is 55mm. A standard men's "dive watch" that you will see (the ones that all look like copies of Rolex Submariners) is around 43mm just for reference.

Also - just for people in the future that may search for this information, here are a couple of pictures:
geo1.jpg

geo2.jpg

Compare that to this "standard" sized (43mm) "pro diver" watch:

costco.jpg

I had one before I upgraded. It is a good computer. Little bigger than average watch and very easy to read above and underwater. Only complaint is it can be picky on the brand of battery that you use.

Which brand did you have the most success with? I plan to pick up spares for my scuba supply kit before we head to Jamaica in June - and I want to get the right ones.

Well we just got our DC's.

The wife got the GEO and I got the VEO 250.

Will the VEO is physically MUCH bigger, the actual screen does not appear to be that much bigger than the GEO.

I plan on playing with them both, but depending on how things work I may send the VEO back and get a GEO myself.

Which graphs are you talking about. What you need to know and see really is dive time at depth, total dive time and, countdown timer and variable ascent rate. My Geo has a really nice easy to read display. Remember everything is magnified underwater.

Only thing that could be better would be a good and decent alarm that has a snooze feature so i can use it as my normal wakeup alarm. its just too short, soft and basic.

Anyone know if the Atom 2 has a better alarm rig?

I wear it all the Time love the geo2,but the Alarm for sure is a joke, the guy who programmed that should be fired! Don,t even call that a wake up alarm! Lame!
:dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom