Skin bends in thumb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makes you wonder?

On my last dive of my holidays in November #16 of the week, (all computer readings were normal depth was about 107 max) about 4 hrs after my dive the "V" at the base of my thumb between the "pointer" finger and the thumb, I had a spot about the size of a 1/2 dollar which became raised and slight burning/tingling feeling. It only lasted a couple of hours. A first I thought I had toched something on my dives (no gloves), but I never do touch anything. I have basically assumed it was "skin bends".

Any thoughts?

I can't begin to count the number of times I've seen "burns" on divers' hands from using a mooring line that had growth on it - even with gloves.

Hi Butch103,

The chances of what you describe being "skin bends" are near zero.

On the other hand, they are quite high as being what MB has suggested. Regular scuba gloves don't necessarily protect against various hydroids that commonly grow on mooring lines.

Regards,

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom