Skype in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buddha64

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'll be in Bonaire from 19 Sept to 26 Sept. I'm planning on using Skype to call home and am wondering if anybody knows what the connection fee is to the States. I'm just wondering I don't think it'll be all that much.

Thanks,
George

Hi George,

I just checked and it is $0.17/min. If you make skype to skype calls, there is no charge. :)

Have a great time!!

Hey George, I will be there the same dates staying at the GRI. Where are you staying at?

Ann,

You should look into their "monthly" plan. It gives you unlimited call to the US for one low fee. I'm in the hospital in Curacao right now, due back this weekend, but I think it runs about $7.95 a month and if you can pay for 1 year they take off 15%. It ends up being about 2 cent Euro per minute for me.

Liz

Hey George, I will be there the same dates staying at the GRI. Where are you staying at?

Rich, PM sent I think that should be better than trying to follow theough the different threads.

George

Ann,

You should look into their "monthly" plan. It gives you unlimited call to the US for one low fee. I'm in the hospital in Curacao right now, due back this weekend, but I think it runs about $7.95 a month and if you can pay for 1 year they take off 15%. It ends up being about 2 cent Euro per minute for me.

Liz

I don't travel enough out of the country to do this. In the states I use my company cell phone. I've been following your surgery on line, hopefully you'll be back soon. How are you set for Crystal Lite?

George.

Buddha...

I though Ann, who also lives on Bonaire should look into the monthly plan...sorry...lol....

Right now set fine for Crystal Light thanks. I'm heading home tomorrow to Bonaire and should be in bed another week or two....

Liz

You can buy a monthly subscription to USA/Canada (unlimited calls) for $2.95US/month. From the web site "You can choose a subscription to call a country that’s different from the one you live in. Also, you can make calls using your subscription from any other country - great for when you’re travelling."

I did this last time I was on Bonaire, but be forewarned, Skype corporate is in an European Country (don't remember which offhand), so your credit card will likely incur a foreign transaction fee (1% for me). And, Skype is poor about honoring a cancel order. They tried using the same authorization for three months in a row (I used a virtual credit card, good only for one time charge) against international banking laws. I received an immediate credit from my credit card company though.

I can verify that Skype works from GRI as I used it on my windows mobile "phone" earlier this year. (It is more convenient to use Liz's computer though).

Buddha...

I though Ann, who also lives on Bonaire should look into the monthly plan...sorry...lol....

Right now set fine for Crystal Light thanks. I'm heading home tomorrow to Bonaire and should be in bed another week or two....

Liz

Sorry Liz the message clearly says Ann, just not reading the complete messages. :D

Back
Top Bottom