Slime anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sks700

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've got kind of an odd question. When I waterski I use a Connelly product called "Binding Slime" to help get into my snug neoprene bindings, (read big feet). It is water soluble and disappears after coming into contact with water. The last time I was diving I was wrestling on a pair of semi-dry gloves, and having quite a time of it, when it courred to me that "Slime" might help a lot. The main ingredient in Slime is Glycerin, then water, sd alcohol, and a list of other things. Has anyone tried this, or does anyone know of a reason not to? I've got latex seals on a hybrid neoprene / trilam suit.
Thanks!

Has anyone tried this, or does anyone know of a reason not to? I've got latex seals on a hybrid neoprene / trilam suit.
Thanks!

KY or astroglide. Problem solved. I like the purple tube of the 'glide. Everything goes on so smooth... :)

I always squirt a few shots of our suit snot into my gloves to help them slip on.

We make it from about 50/50 cheap hair conditioner and water all mixed in a 1 quart pump sprayer. If the conditioner is ultra thick or it's going to be cold you may need to go to 1/3 conditioner and 2/3 water. No suds and a minuscule amount of the product gets distributed in the water.

As for the drysuit seals follow PerroneFord

Pete

I have seen and heard of people using slippery stuff on a boat deck and then causing lots of problems for others in the area. Too much stuff leaking on the deck can really lead to serious problems....

Can't comment on use for wetsuits but for bindings (waterski or wakeboarding) I use a mixture of ~ 4 parts cheap hair gel and 1 part dishwashing liquid. Waaay cheaper than slime or other products manufactured for bindings. If I am lazy I just use straight cheap dishwashing liquid (not the concentrated stuff).

mg

Back
Top Bottom