Smart Pro or Air Z Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Smart Pro that has been recalled. I am going to try and upgrade so that I can get back into the water. The only step up with out going to a smart com would be the Air Z Nitrox. Would I be better off waiting for my smart pro?

As you know I upgraded to the Air Z as well. I have dove with it once when I borrowed my buddies for a dive. My only complaint about it is that the display is as not as indepth (could not get it to display temp) and the Datatrak software is nowhere near as good as the SmartTrak.

The only thing to really consider is do you want to deal with the potential failure point of a wireless transmitter.

I wonder if the smart trak software could be used to download stuff instead fo the data trak. Probably not I would guess. I am not too worried about the transmitter because if it failed I would still have a useful computer.

I have an AIR Z Nitrox computer with 80+ dives on it. So far I've never had a problem with the transmitter on the 1st stage. If it was me I'd go with either the Air Z Nitrox, or if you can get your $ back a Suunto Vyper. We KNOW the Smart Com has problems. STAY AWAY!.........Although I guess a few years down the road we may hear that the Air Z Nitrox has problems too. (Like their older Nitrox computer currently being re-called). Good Luck!

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom