SmartTrak database specifications?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voets

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Im trying to export the dives from a SmartTrak .slg file (which is a password protected MS Access file).

Unfortunately the dive profile is stored in a binary field, which is not easily readable by humans. Does anyone know the specifications of this field (table Dives, column Profile)?

Hi Sven

You certainly have created the nicest PC logbook around.
I've tested a few of these programs and yours has everything that should be in a solid dive log program.

However... I can't use it at the moment for my own project. I'm building a little tool that can read part of the information stored in SmartTrak files and convert it into something that can be imported into my own webbased logbook.
I've already done this for my own Suunto Dive Manager logbook, but got the request from a dive buddy for his SmartTrak logbook. All went well except for the profile.

If you could help me out with the specs of that particular field, it would be greatly appreciated

regards
jaap

Hi Sven

Understandable. Could you point me to a contact at uwatec then?
So I can see if they will tell it to me if I sign the same non-disclosure agreement.

Have you had any luck getting a reply from Uwatec? I've attempted to contact them twice about this subject via their web form, but they won't reply.

I have a PC-based utility that will print my dives to 8x5 index cards that fit nicely in my dive log. I can read all the data directly except the profiles; I have to export those to text files first, and I'd like to do away with this step.

No, unfortunately I haven't got replies either.
Too bad, would be nice to have the format available. My smart track project is on hold for the moment, currently working on perl modules for decompression calculations.
If I find the format of the profiles I'll certainly post them here

Back
Top Bottom