SMB Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judestudio

Contributor
Reaction score
What are the recommendations for storing your smb? I've been clipping mine off one of the D-rings, but it dangles a bit. DSS doesn't make one of those back pad storage thing, has anyone used any of the "third party" ones (like H's storage pak, or Oxy's back pad)?

Tobin, what's your official recommendations?

What are the recommendations for storing your smb? I've been clipping mine off one of the D-rings, but it dangles a bit. DSS doesn't make one of those back pad storage thing, has anyone used any of the "third party" ones (like H's storage pak, or Oxy's back pad)?

Tobin, what's your official recommendations?

I carry smaller inflatables such as a smb in a thigh pocket. I carry a lift bag rolled up and bungeed across the bottom of my back plate.

Tie two bungee loops through the holes at the base of the plate, snug enough to hold the rolled up bag. If you carry a bag this way make sure you do not trap it against your body with the crotch strap.

Tobin

In a sleeve hanging from the bottom of the plate. It's a Dive Rite DSMB & the sleeve that came with it.

In a sleeve hanging from the bottom of the plate. It's a Dive Rite DSMB & the sleeve that came with it.

2 ft of bungee works well and is inexpensive.

We actually do make a 3mm neoprene plate pad, but I haven't found them to be necessary or particularly useful. That's why they aren't on our website.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom