Snorkel buddies wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jenni7748

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I'll be in Coz first week of May. I want to snorkel in the afternoons- after diving. If anyone is interested in joining that would be awesome. After reading many posts here, I'd like to try up north- marina to Coral Princess and Punta Sur for sure, but I'm up for anywhere as well.

Jenni, quite frankly, I think after diving coz in the AM you'll find that any snorkeling you do in the PM is going to be a big let-down. There are divers and there are snorkelers. Most divers started as snorkelers and there was a reason we all made the next step. 15 years ago I was snorkeling in coz on a day trip from a cruise ship and I found myself kicking on the surface through the bubbles from the divers beneath me. That was all it took because at that instant I knew I wanted to be DOWN THERE with them. I'd look for cool places to hang out in the afternoon with snorkeling being an afterthought as the next day you'll be back and down there again. Maybe check out the numerous beach clubs that offer a cool place to hang out and take your fins, snorkel and mask with you for some snorkeling about the shallows from the beach.

Jenni, quite frankly, I think after diving coz in the AM you'll find that any snorkeling you do in the PM is going to be a big let-down. There are divers and there are snorkelers. Most divers started as snorkelers and there was a reason we all made the next step. 15 years ago I was snorkeling in coz on a day trip from a cruise ship and I found myself kicking on the surface through the bubbles from the divers beneath me. That was all it took because at that instant I knew I wanted to be DOWN THERE with them. I'd look for cool places to hang out in the afternoon with snorkeling being an afterthought as the next day you'll be back and down there again. Maybe check out the numerous beach clubs that offer a cool place to hang out and take your fins, snorkel and mask with you for some snorkeling about the shallows from the beach.
Another thing: unless you stay on the surface while you are snorkeling, I think you'll find that snorkeling is much harder on your ears than diving. It is on mine, anyway.

Another thing: unless you stay on the surface while you are snorkeling, I think you'll find that snorkeling is much harder on your ears than diving. It is on mine, anyway.

AND when you are fat, like me, it's damn hard work to swim down to 15-20 feet to see something without a weight belt.

Haha. Too funny!! I guess I just thought it would be nice to just float/drift/chill lazily. I read many threads that I kinda want to check it out once, just to see the layout if nothing else.

I get there on the 2nd. Hit me up I still have same WhatsApp. Glad to see your returning and diving. :yeahbaby:

I enjoy snorkeling near shore. I can just float with little current, which allows me more time to observe things I don't get to see on the drift dives. Especially the small fish. There was a thread here on Tikila that may interest you.

Haha. Too funny!! I guess I just thought it would be nice to just float/drift/chill lazily. I read many threads that I kinda want to check it out once, just to see the layout if nothing else.

Go to sky reef beach bar. It has great snorkling/chillin. The have a legit Cuban band playing on sundays. Check their fb page. I saw a squad of squid in feeding formation. 11 squids spread out in a perfect line about six feet apart.

You can snorkle/chill at money bar. Just north of the building is dzul ha reef. Enter south of the bar drift north.

You can snorkle/chill at bucannos. walk to the south end of the property and drift north.

Any of these will more than meet your needs.

Bring your afternoon beach gear with you on the dive boat and ask to be dropped off at Sky or Money and taxi back at closing.

Thank you!!
Go to sky reef beach bar. It has great snorkling/chillin. The have a legit Cuban band playing on sundays. Check their fb page. I saw a squad of squid in feeding formation. 11 squids spread out in a perfect line about six feet apart.

You can snorkle/chill at money bar. Just north of the building is dzul ha reef. Enter south of the bar drift north.

You can snorkle/chill at bucannos. walk to the south end of the property and drift north.

Any of these will more than meet your needs.

Bring your afternoon beach gear with you on the dive boat and ask to be dropped off at Sky or Money and taxi back at closing.

Back
Top Bottom