Snorkel from resort beach in Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,
My wife doesn't dive but likes to snorkel, and I like to snorkel when I can't dive (while laying at the beach). Does anyone know if there's a good resort in Grand Cayman that actually has decent snorkeling from the beach? Reef Resort looks like it might, but I have no idea if it's any good or if other areas might be better? Reef Resort looks like a good place to stay for diving, but sounds like the food might not be that great... :( Thanks,
--Kyle

Indeed, snorkeling at Morritts is usually pretty good. The Reef Resort sits right next door to Morritt's.

Be aware that there is normally a significant side-shore current in that area, which turns out to sea through a boat channel in front of the Reef Resort. You can take advantage of this current. From the Reef Resort, walk along the beach past Morritt's. When you enter the water, the current will take you back towards the Reef Resort. Once you pass the dock at Morritt's, stay close to shore to avoid riding the current out to open sea.

I always rather enjoyed the food at the Reef Resort. You can dine inside where they occasionally have live entertainment or the resort has a nice outdoor bar as well.

I thought the snorkeling at the Reef was pretty good. Nice beach to hang out on. We thought the food at the Reef sucked, but that was a few years ago so it could be completely different by now.

I thought the snorkeling at the Reef was pretty good. Nice beach to hang out on. We thought the food at the Reef sucked, but that was a few years ago so it could be completely different by now.
The food has gotten better the last few years - more variety as well. We've been going to The Reef since it opened and spend 1-2 weeks there every May.

I've heard its pretty good at Morritts too...I own there but haven't been able to stay there yet (my wife got pregnant so now we can't go). I am looking to rent out my week for this year if you are interested. Since its so late in the year, I am going to sell for a pretty good price!! Let me know if you are interested...

trevorr77@msn.com

Back
Top Bottom