snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mousek801

Registered
Reaction score
i never seem to use mine, ever. its really not wide enogh and its like breathing through a straw. So when i go to south america i plan to not use it. is that accepted as ok? or should i bring it and not use it on the dives. like the dive master wont say anything if i dont have it.

Not sure I quite understand your question, but on any boat I have ever been on, it's fine to dive without a snorkel. I think it's pretty much only required in some classes and such.

As far as it feeling like a straw, I'd try a new snorkel. I find snorkels very easy to breathe through. I enjoy snorkelling as much as diving, and in some destinations, especially when shore diving in clear water, I like to use a snorkel for the surface swim.

Have fun in South America! :D

yea venezula is going to be great when we boat over to curaco daily. i just wanted to see if the Dive master would yell at me. ill probally pick up a new one down there.

Don't worry about the snorkel. The DM won't hassel you over it. You'll find the majority of divers don't have them.

Back
Top Bottom