snorkeling by boat and other options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skarowe

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for so many great posts I've enjoyed as I plan my trip to Roatan for end of August. My brother and I will be diving a lot but my pregnant wife will be relegated to snorkeling. From my extensive reading on this site, I've learned that CCV/FIBR have the best snorkeling on the isalnd, and West Bay has some pretty nice snorkeling as well. We have decided to stay at Inifinity Bay resort so my wife will have a nice place to hang out by the pool and the beach while we go on dives. Also we thought this would allow us to get to West End easily for a variety of dinners.

My questions are: if my wife wants to snorkel in areas other than (better than?) West Bay, what are her options for going out on boat snorkel trips or easily getting to any other shore snorkel locations (we won't have a car)? We plan to go to CCV one day to snborkel their reef. Are there any great boat snorkel sites, where the reef is not too far beneath the surface? We love snorkeling where the coral is just a few feet below, rather than 20 feet or more below the surface. Are there any dives you would recommend where we might dive while my wife snorkels in the area? Lastly, my wife wants to do a dolphin snorkel--are there choices besides AKR? If so, what is our best option for a dolphin snorkel?

Thanks for your help on this.

Back
Top Bottom