snorkeling from beach in Nassau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikwho

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are headed to Nassau and diving with Stuart Cove's. Going to go do the shark adventure. We are staying at Orange Hill Inn. I was curious if there are good places to snorkel from the beach around that area. What other fun stuff is there to do/check out?

If you've got no wheels and are just knock about snorkelling you can do far worse that right off the Orange Hill Beach. There's a few shallow coral heads dotted about, use the height vantage of the hill to spot them as dark patches. The drop off wall is about a mile out (you can very clearly see the change in colour thus change in depth).
Toward sun down the larger stuff starts to come in. Last time i was there with a mate who was not totally confident in the water. At only about 100ft from shore we had a large Eagle ray come by and circle us. My friend was trying to "hide" behind me as the ray circled and eventually caught him up. I've never seen any one trying to climb up themselves to get out of the water. Both events were really rather impressive! :)

very nice! turns out we are probably staying at the wyndham, but hopefully still some stuff to see offshore there. thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom