Snorkeling photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does everyone do to prep their image to be sent outside for printing? Do you resize, sharpen, ??? Is there a difference between submitting through the web v bring in a flash drive?

Thanks,
Amy

Hi All,

I was able to produce a nice, sharp, 8x10 from Walgreens today using a few modifications from my first attempt. First, I pre-cropped the image to the dimensions of the target print. Don't think that makes that much difference except you have control over what pixels fall on the floor. The labs I sent to seem to crop, not scale.

The thing that likely made the difference was running the picture through my trial version of Adobe Lightroom and following their export flow that allowed selection of some level of print sharpening before saving to the final jpg that was uploaded at full resolution to the Walgreens website.

I found out that my Walgreens in-store printer takes 300 dpi and the local Costco is 320 dpi. I tried to make my final image close to the print dimensions given those dpi so that lightroom would not do much scaling.

Anyway, problem solved. Sent some trial prints to Costco tomorrow. Hopefully, I get the same positive result.

Have not had good result with the lightroom "auto fix" on the underwater pictures but their output flow is really nice.

Regards,
Amy

A few from last week's trip to Grand Cayman:
IMG_1656v2.jpg

IMG_1661v2.jpg

IMG_1577v2.jpg

IMG_1578Processed.jpg

Hi Dave, your photos are wonderful and crisp. I hope to see more. Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures.

Hi Dave, your photos are wonderful and crisp. I hope to see more. Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures.

Thank you archer fish. I recently returned from a snorkeling trip and I plan to post a few more photos.

Testudo, I like your eagle ray shot!

Wow dave you have some nice shoots, I just realized that your in Juneau, I just moved out of town last month and Im back to Fairbanks.

Back
Top Bottom