Snorkelling in French Polynesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dodile

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My companion and I have a trip booked to FP, including Bora Bora, Tikehau, Rangiroa and Fakarava (north and south.) Unfortunately, a perforated ear drum means I will be unable to dive. I have been in FP before and am familiar with the diving, however, I have not tried snorkeling there. Can anyone comment?

My companion and I have a trip booked to FP, including Bora Bora, Tikehau, Rangiroa and Fakarava (north and south.) Unfortunately, a perforated ear drum means I will be unable to dive. I have been in FP before and am familiar with the diving, however, I have not tried snorkeling there. Can anyone comment?
Snorkeling is great in Bora Bora but you really need to be out in the lagoon. the excursion Pure Snorkeling by Reef Discovery is great. The drift snorkeling in Rangiora was also very good.

I highly highly recommend you take a trip with Simon from Tohora Bora Bora. He's a local who will take you out "whale watching" on his boat. I put whale watching in quotes because it's nothing like what you imagine whale watching to be. Simon is basically one with the whales. He knows where they are and even how they're feeling on a particular day. Once you find one, he'll give you a snorkel, mask and some fins and have you jump in the water to swim with them! It's truly an amazing experience. Even when there aren't whales around, Simon will take you out to some awesome snorkel spots. Again, I can't recommend it enough.

Fakarava South is the best snorkeling I have ever done in my life... almost as good as the diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom