So Calif LDS With a Intermediate Pressure Gage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to check my reg for output pressure. Anyone have one that I can use to check it?

Any decently equipped shop should have an IP gauge. Do you have an LDS you work through? I would imagine they would check our reg for you. The gauges aren't too expensive so you might consider buying one for your personal toolkit.

XSScuba has an IP Gauge part# AC380.

It can be had at scuba.com for about $50.

Click here to see it.

If you havent ordered it yet, give SSA in Montclair a call. I think that might be the neares tLDS to you. Also, my local Sport Chalet has one so yours might too.

orangelion03:
If you havent ordered it yet, give SSA in Montclair a call. I think that might be the neares tLDS to you. Also, my local Sport Chalet has one so yours might too.

Sports Challet does indeed have one, but when you mention what you want to use it for, they automatically want to send it to their scub repair facility to have a trained person check it. They are super sensative to liability issues.

As for SSA in Montclair, I dont want to go there then have to put up with a 45 minute sales pitch, and hear an explanation as to why every new OW diver should be diving in $4,000 worth of gear so as to not feel embarrassed while on a boat dive.

Thats not an exageration either. I first went there to get my OW cert some years back, and a $3,500 gear set-up was what he was pushing. When I went out and bought my own $1,200 set up, he ridiculed my choices saying I would feel embarrassed on a boat dive, and refunded my money minus course materials. Thats why I have recently turned 3 friends away from his coupon course he puts in the weekly throw-a-way paper.

I've got an I.P. guage here at the Beach Cities Scuba store in Cypress.
You are more than welcome to use it no questions asked, I promise.:wink:

Milo
Manager
Beach Cities Scuba
Cypress CA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom