So, finished my Ft. Lauderdale vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[QUOTE=Texasguy;6891765 I found out that I can rather easily catch puffer fish with my hands, so weird to have a ball in your hands that has eyes and is looking at you... :) The puffer fish is so cool!

Please harass the lionfish next time!:bash:

I've done a few dives with Sea Experience too. Not a bad operation. The ride out to the reefs on the pontoon boat is interesting. So...I'm assuming you ate the lobster you caught, but released the puffer?

Nah, gave the lobster to the divemaster who scared it off. I don't think I would want to kill a lobster as they do it by twisting.. Nah, I'll order mine already cooked. :) Yes, all puffer fish were released back into the wild.

I found out that I can rather easily catch puffer fish with my hands, so weird to have a ball in your hands that has eyes and is looking at you... :) The puffer fish is so cool!

Please harass the lionfish next time!:bash:

Heh, I was more thinking about Randy Jordan up in Jupiter. As I recall the story, that's how he lost part of a finger. I've seen a big puffer crush whole clams like pistachio nuts, so not really a surprise.

Do not "harass" the lionfish - please impale, decapitate, dismember, mutilate, shishkabob, grill, sauteé, bake, etc.

TexasGuy,

I buddied up with you on the boat last Saturday. I'm the weird looking short bald white dude. Was nice diving with you. Hopefully I didn't slow you down too much. I welcome any criticism of my diving/being a buddy. Always looking to improve

Here is the link to the video I took on Saturday and also Sunday (conditions were rough Sunday). I'm sure you are in it some.

Fort Lauderdale Dives on Vimeo

Take Care

John

My last dive was with you, you where cool. I'd dive with you any time again. Thanks for the vid.

Nice report. Too bad you think it's OK to harass marine life. It stresses them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom