So I'm not from Canada, but I need some good dive suggestions in the West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you heading out to BC? Because there is TONS of diving over here that is well worth the journey west. :) I'd be happen to tell you about it if you are planning on coming out this way.

You have to dive the coast! After getting back from Tulum, Mexico I had the pleasure of heading to Vancouver for a quick dive. Dave Johnston from Rowands Reef Scuba Shop took me to Whytecliff Park and we did the cut......WOW! I didn't think I would have access to such amazing diving so close to home. I did my AOW on reefs in Tulum and then the Cenotes and it might be just my taste but this was definatley one of my favoite dives. I could never imagined that many starfish in one place not to mention the crabs, Plumose Anenomes, and many other crazy creatures.

Long story short even if you don't bring your gear go for a dive! I think it only cost me like 100 bucks for full drysuit package rental wich including demoing a brand new suit(O'neil), guide and tanks. Worth every cent to this Albertan.

White Swan Lake in northern Saskatchewan is cold but very good vis...

5 hours north west to Cold Lake Alberta , has a good nav course at English bay . Vis sucks at 6 to 8 feet but its as good as it gets in this little part of the world. 14mm wet is the minimum you'll want , dry is best. course starts in 14ft and goes out to about 56ft. PM me if your interested and if I'm around I'd be glad to show you around.

Back
Top Bottom