So much hassle for this price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris.evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I called Dolphin scuba and ordered the Sola 800, the tray/arm, and the hand mount.

Got all the stuff just in time to get on a plane for my dive vacation (morning of).

I get here and open the packaging to see nothing connects together. I was first thinking Dolphin sent me the wrong items..

I now see that the SOLA BRAND tray/arm, doesn't connect to the SOLA PHOTO light! (seriously!). It requires an adapter?

The SOLA photo light, doesn't connect to the hand mount!

How is it possible that you sell a product "Light and Motion SOLA Handstrap Mounting Kit" that doesn't work with some lights? Or a "Light and Motion SOLA Camera Tray and Arm" that doesn't work with your photo light!?

CE

Hello Chris,
You're correct that the Sola Photo light needs an adapter in order to connect to the tray; the part number that you need is part number 800-0161, the Video Mount kit. We ship the Photo light with the 1" photo ball mount because the standard use for that light is as a focus light, and most users will have a ball mount setup when looking for a focus light.

The tray works with any and all of the Sola lights, as long as you have the proper adapters; unfortunately, it seems the retailer didn't suggest getting the correct adapter along with the tray and arm kit. I think your best course of action is to let your retailer know that you didn't get the adapter necessary; they can then arrange to get you the additional items you need.

I know this doesn't help with the trip you've already left for, but unfortunately there isn't anything to be done to change that. Sorry to hear you had trouble, and hopefully your dealer can work with you to get you the accessories you need.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom