Dive Volk tray - flexible arm recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr.fish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I just received a Dive Volk Seatoutch 4 and purchased the single tray for a light. It turns out my flexible arm (from backscatter) doesn't fit the tray (1" ball). Different type of attachment (YS Mount). Can someone recommend a flexible arm (12-14") that will fit on a 1" ball? I don't know what type of connection I need between the arm and a 1" ball. All I could see on the dive Volk site is a solid arm with a clamp.

Thanks!

Hi,

This is the tray/arm from backscatter (for my GoPro):

I now have this tray from Dive Volk:

I like the flexible arms from Backscatter and would use them on the Dive Volk tray, but need to adapt or figure out a way to connect to the ball. Dive Volk does have solid adjustable arms but it looks like you need to work a clamp everytime you adjust, whereas the flexible arm is super easy and quick.

Thanks for the help!!

I think the adapter route is the way to go. Clamp the flex arm to the ball. The company flex-arm makes a wide range of components:

It looks like I can assemble a custom solution.

Dive Volk does have solid adjustable arms but it looks like you need to work a clamp everytime you adjust
Not really, with decent quality clamps (ULCS, Nauticam, etc) you can control the amount of friction they give you, so while it's possible to lock them down tight, you can also loosen them just enough so that you can move the joint by applying some force, but it won't flop around on its own. Cheap clamps can go between the two extremes, yes.

I think the adapter route is the way to go. Clamp the flex arm to the ball. The company flex-arm makes a wide range of components:
Yep, that's the way if you want to use your flex arms. Put a ball on each side and use a clamp for attachments.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom