So where's the best diving in Ontario?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It looks like I may be moving to Ottawa in about 6 months. I've never dived in Canada but I know enough to start saving for my drysuit now if I want to dive year round.

I like wrecks especially but I'm not limited to that. It looks like Kingston is a popular place for diving. How good is it? Any thoughts? That's about a 2-3 hour drive? Is there anywhere closer to Ottawa? Where else should I look at if I was to consider a weekend trip?

The St-Lawrence river of course!!! Excellent wrecks and drift dives all within 45 minutes to 2 hours from downtown Ottawa. Easy shore dives to challenging boat dives. Everything a diver could ask for! Prescott, Brockville...we've got it all! If you havn't been diving cold water, low viz and current, I would maybe recommend going out the first few times with a DM, LDS group or buddy with knowledge of the area you'll be diving. Hope to see you down there sometime.

Tom,
I noticed your homepage is set to northern tech diver. Do you work there or is it just your LDS? I've had this site book marked for some time now. The website is great but I don't really know anything about the shop itself. I noticed they offer the Fundamentals course. I'm definitely interested in that.

Oh, how long is the drive from Ottawa?

JiveT,

You can also contact Kevin Ripley he is registered on scubaboard and is the reg tech at Kanata Dive Supply in Ottawa. He comes down here on a regular basis and we all dive together out of NTD. If you are really interested in the fundamentals. Kevin is a good contact to get in with. He will gladly introduce you to our team players in the Ottawa area. The drive down to NTD is about 2 1/2

All the best
CC

Yes, Tom runs the shop. I've been diving with NTD numerous times. Great shop, great people, great wrecks!

Tom R once bubbled...
You forgot Kingston which has a lot more and better wrecks than the river.

Tom

I'd have to disagree.

I'd say the Keystorm is the best wreck in the Eastern Ontario region. I do like the Kingston wrecks, the Keystorm is the best!

The Keystorm is a fantastic wreck, and is on my list of wrecks to do again next season. However, there are a ton of great wrecks to do just out of Kingston.

Back
Top Bottom