So where's the best diving in Ontario?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jiveturkey:

Hope you do move... Ottawa is a great area for diving... as you can see, the St. Lawrence / Eastern Lake Ontario region gets all the votes -- mine too. Let the locals argue about which part is best as much as they like, but from a consumer's point of view you'll have within a maximum of a three-hour radius, the options of diving a lake, the river -- as wide as a lake in many spots -- historic wrecks -- wooden and steel -- an artificial reef, serveral exciting drift dives, and wonderful vis. The only other "Ontario" diving that compares is in Lake Huron and Michigan (Ontario's western region :) )Enjoy.

The Lake/River region also boasts two of the best dive shops* in province... Tom's place (NTD) and DiveTech in Mallorytown... as well as several very competent charter captains.

Good luck

* I know there are dive shops in Ottawa folks but I simply am not that familiar with them and am talking from the prespective of a technical instructor about THAT kind of support.

Thanks for the responses guys. Nothing is certain yet but if I end up there it looks like there's a great community of divers. It'll be fun to actually get to meet some of the other members from this board. After 3 1/2 years here I'm ready to come home.

Thanks for the responses guys. Nothing is certain yet but if I end up there it looks like there's a great community of divers. It'll be fun to actually get to meet some of the other members from this board. After 3 1/2 years here I'm ready to come home.

I have not dove in Kingston yet ( maybe next year) but everywhere in Ontario That I have been diving, I would have to say RockPort/Mallorytown/Brockville area is hands down the best!! I love diving schooners, but I have to agree with some other posters here, diving the Keystorm is an awesome wreck dive and no doubt one of the best to dive in Ontario:)

Definitely Kingston.

Lots to see even shore diving, so unless/until the Lake freezes over solid, the dive season's really never over. Especially if you Ice Dive...

Rooster1 once bubbled...
I have not dove in Kingston yet ( maybe next year) but everywhere in Ontario That I have been diving, I would have to say RockPort/Mallorytown/Brockville area is hands down the best!! I love diving schooners, but I have to agree with some other posters here, diving the Keystorm is an awesome wreck dive and no doubt one of the best to dive in Ontario:)

Glad you agree on the Keystorm.

I think we all will agree that the hwy #401 corridor between Brockville to Kingston provides the best fresh water wreck diving in Ontario and probably the world.

i would have to say kingston in my favorite. I much prefer kingston over cozumel or anything like that....at least in summer:). Hoopfully i can see a lot more next year and dive some of the deeper ones if i complete my tech 1

My top 3 wrcks which i have dove:
city of sheyboygan- kingston
arabia - tobermory
marsh - kingston

Top 3 ... that's a tough one.

In no particular order, I would have to say:

The Sheyboygan - Kingston
The Keystorm - Brockville
The Niagara II - Tobermory

You guys need to get out and dive more. Lake erie, lake huron and yes superior. Erie alone has some incrediable wrecks. Cracker, crystal, st james to name a few. Lake Huron has them deep and big and superior has the judge hart (sp), which I hope to get on next year. I admit the 401 corridor is warm and easy to get too, (lots of nice wrecks too and more being discovered in Kingston at least) but there is more to Ontario diving then Brockville and kingston. Christian island has some nice wrecks and the 30,000 islands have some too.
DEEP AND LONG
deepdiver5by5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom