So............

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hagan34

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
is it normal to have dreams that im diving? is it a sign of withdraws, or is this more serious?

Well, if it's too cold for your liking to dive yet, yes, it is. You have a few choices, you can 1. suck it up with a wet suit & get in a dive or 2, 2. dive dry, 3. maybe do a little pool diving, 4. If really desperate, there's always the bath tub, 5. go waaaaaaaay down south or 6. just keep on reaming for about another 2 months & the water just starts to warm up. Even though I dive dry, I don't get out during the colder months as much as I would like to (darned cold), so I suffer bit of withdrawals, myself. The only thing keeping me sane this year is being able to DM for OW classes in the pool. I will hopefully get a major dose of nitrogen next week. I'm going down with the LDS to Vortex springs to help out with some OW checkout dives (& possibly a coupe of ocean dives in the gulf, while we're down there). Hang in there, dude, May will be around before you know it.

1. suck it up with a wet suit & get in a dive or 2, 2. dive dry, 3. maybe do a little pool diving, 4. If really desperate, there's always the bath tub, 5. go waaaaaaaay down south or 6. just keep on reaming for about another 2 months & the water just starts to warm up.

1. not going to happen
2. dont have the money for a suit, or the training........ yet!
3. thats an idea
4. tried it, couldnt get deep enough for my computer to come on.
5. Did that in Dec/Jan
6. :( if i must......

is it normal to have dreams that im diving? is it a sign of withdraws, or is this more serious?

Depends... sometimes it means that I've just been diving a "reliving recent events" as is known to happen. There are dreams I've had after diving off Key Largo when there were hundreds of Goat Fish... that I dreamed of schools of Goat Fish. These are visually queued dreams kind of like when you rub your eyes really hard and see stars or look at something long enough and you can see the picture after you close your eyes.

Other times I've dreamed the wonderful dreams of descending down the line towards the Spiegel Grove, gently falling towards deck... love that feeling. Those are dreams of contentment.

Most of the time it means I need a break... need to compress to uncompress if you would.

I have that descending dream too...but mine is always the Yukon in San Diego.

and it's mostly during the day....while I'm at work....

:D

. . 2. dont have the money for a suit, or the training........ yet! . .

You can find great buys on a used suit. And quite often the original owner will be qualified (if not credentialed) to train you to dive it.

If you love diving enough to dream about it, and live in the Midwest, you must make the sacrifice to buy a drysuit.

Expecting a tax refund by chance?

theskull

You can find great buys on a used suit. And quite often the original owner will be qualified (if not credentialed) to train you to dive it.

If you love diving enough to dream about it, and live in the Midwest, you must make the sacrifice to buy a drysuit.

Expecting a tax refund by chance?

theskull

yes, but have some other bills to use it on. Im sure I'll have one by the end of the year. Just need to get wet soon.

I have that descending dream too...but mine is always the Yukon in San Diego.

and it's mostly during the day....while I'm at work....

:D

ahhh yes the desending dream. my personal favorite... well expect druing a flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom